[TriEmbed] Rocket derby help

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 13:24:20 CST 2017

>With the amperages you measured, they are way too low.  If you put a 100-ohm 5 W
resister in place of the igniter and measure the current when you press a button
for a few seconds, you should see around 120 mA (0.120 A).
Cool.  Now I have a test to run.
Will be replacing the 6V battery with a 12V one.  I have some "old" UPS batteries at home of unknown age.
I'll run the above test on a few of them and check the results.  I have a new UPS battery in use, I'll test it as well.

Look like Battery rechargers are around $9 on amazon.  I'll get one of those as well. (unless I should invest more $ in one of those).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G8AIMU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Appreciate everyone's help with this.
Craig
p.s. John, my Pinewood derby summary was posted Jan 28 to the list