[TriEmbed] Suggestions Needed to Improve Quality / Reliability

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 08:23:28 CST 2017

Chip,
If the symptom is at regular intervals, whether they are regular events, or regular in time, I would consider a memory leak. I do not no have recommendations on how to check that, but I did a quick search and it appears there are some suggestions. I have never search for a memory leak in an Arduino before, but I am just throwing out an idea based on what appears to be regular intervals and a lock up condition.
If you want to create a cheap reboot device, consider an ATTINY to wake up the device and look for a Digital IO to come on and off during a certain period of time, and if not cycle power. I know this just more power to Engineer which is a major negative for your product. Another option is a low cost, low power 555 timer set to trigger every so many hours or days, whatever you need. I am not sure which idea would give you the best power solution.
Just throwing out ideas.
Good Luck,
John Vaughters