[TriEmbed] Monday's meeting

The MacDougals paulmacd at acm.org
Wed Feb 8 20:09:14 CST 2017

I don't think we have any scheduled topics for Monday.

I would like to do a little planning in addition to our typical
show-and-tell.

There are at least three upcoming events at which TriEmbed may want to be
represented.

1.     RARSFest  - Saturday April 15, 2017
http://www.rars.org/rarsfest

We have reserved a table or two for the past few years.  Our little corner
of the show
floor has taken on a "mini maker faire" vibe.

2.     Maker Faire Burlington - Saturday April 22, 2017
https://burlingtonminimakerfaire.com
Several of us have attended this maker faire in the past.

3.     Spring '17 Wake Tech Maker Faire - Saturday May 6, 2017

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spring-17-wake-tech-maker-faire-tickets-2761380
8645
This is a new event.  I am not sure what kind of turnout it will generate.
They are trying to present a "college themed" event, showcasing what can be
done at
local community colleges and so forth.

If we want to be present as exhibiters at any of these, we need to figure
that out soon and make plans.

We would need volunteers to man the tables and to provide stuff to show/do.
So, check your calendars

and come prepared to discuss and volunteer.

We also need to think about what we want to do the rest of the year.  Do we
want to grow?  Do we need

to showcase/provide beginner content so that newcomers return?  Does anyone
have ideas on what kinds

of presentations would be interesting and someone that can present?

---> Paul

---