[TriEmbed] desoldering alternatives to chipquik

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Mon Sep 19 09:24:48 CDT 2016

Anyone use "chipquik" for desoldering? It's expensive stuff, due to the
Indium content, but it works well. I was thinking of trying this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CERROLOW-METAL-ALLOY-m-p-117-F-Low-Temp-Melting-200gm-/311688213778?hash=item489210b512:g:40IAAOxyrUZRyzAe

"Cerrolow 117" as a chipquik substitute. It has a lower melting point
(117), but does contain 5.3% cadmium. Cadmium's 'bad', but no idea if
any worse than lead.

Anyone want to split an order of two 100 g ingots? My idea is to just
dab the iron tip into the ingot and then transfer some of the alloy to
the solder joint.

For comparison, here are the ChipQuik products:
http://www.chipquik.com/store/index.php?cPath=200&osCsid=tcsuid7s5j0il5jp8qjspqb582

Alex

--
"The theater of noise is proof of our potential."

You won't find me on Facebook.