[TriEmbed] hacking amazon dash v2

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Wed Sep 14 13:38:44 CDT 2016

Anyone done anything with their prime-day Dash buttons? I found this
interesting page:
http://key-basher.blogspot.com/2016/09/amazon-dash-button-version-2.html

On V2, ERASE is tied low to a via in front of the pin AND to the ground
plane underneath the chip! That means you can't easily erase it. I
haven't done a teardown on mine, but does anyone know if the Atmel MCU
is QFP or QFN? If it's QFP, ERASE pin could be lifted. Otherwise, you
have to unsolder the chip, rework the board, then solder it back on.
Ugh. I'd rather not waste time on such a cheap item.

Alex
--
"The theater of noise is proof of our potential."

You won't find me on Facebook.