[TriEmbed] ***SPAM*** Re: hail mary github question

Jon Wolfe jonjwolfe at anibit.com
Mon Sep 12 17:38:53 CDT 2016

If this is a fresh clone, and you're the only one pushing, it ought be be unnecessary to pull. It can't hurt though. If you have your local changes committed there's little you can do to cause permanent damage, so long as you don't mess with the .git folder.
I'm somewhat of a reluctant git ninja. Even though Ican do a lot with the command line, a decent gui can do git acrobatics 10x faster that fumbling around witha console display and git's arcane command line options. I use tortoise git on Windows. Some like Atlassian SourceTree, though I'm not a huge fan of it. On Linux Mint Cinnamon(my go-to distro),  there is a nemo plugin that works similar to Tortoise.
Sorry I'm going to miss the meet tonight, but if anyone ever feels like getting together for some coffee/beer and git, I'd be down for it.
-Jon