[TriEmbed] Looking for an RPi, but with 8GB RAM

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 19:29:41 CDT 2016

I did some Google searching and didn't find a trace of anything ARM based
with 8gb. I am interested also if there is such a thing. I am helping
someone with an agricultural drone project and one of the requirements is
ARM processor and open source software.

I attended DARPA Proposal Day several months ago. There was a guy there
promoting credit card sized computers that reminded me of RPi and have 8gb
RAM, however, they are Intel based. Supposedly they run a full modern OS
with your choice of Linux, Windows, or iOS. He also said they use very low
power and perform reliably in harsh environments. Oh and they can stack in
a brief case if you wish to build portable datacenter.

I have thought of buying one just to have as a pc. They run about $1000
each. If anyone has experience with Biodigitalpc products I would be
interested in hearing about it.

http://www.arnousedigitaldevices.com/products/

Jeremy Davis

On Saturday, September 10, 2016, Pete Soper via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> On 09/09/2016 03:07 PM, Nathan Yinger via TriEmbed wrote:
>
> Hey,
>>
>> I'm looking for an ARM-based linux computer with a lot of RAM for testing
>> some ideas involving moderately high load servers built into ARM-based
>> gateways. I'd like to find 8GB RAM, but the most I have seen is an ODroid
>> with 2GB. Anyone know of an ARM linux board with that much memory?
>>

> According to this database the ARM boards top out at 4gb:
>
> http://www.board-db.org/
>
> -Pete

Jeremy Davis
@jeremydavis0_0