[TriEmbed] In Need of Job Advice

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 18:10:29 CDT 2016

Nathan,

   1.  If a company is not doing what they promised this is a red flag.
   2. From what you wrote it seems you did work for them before a contract
   was signed? Never do that!
   3. If I remember correctly the law has limits on how long a company can
   withhold payment depending on a W2 (2 weeks) or 1099 (30 days) contract.
   Which is yours?

I just recently quit a job where I never got paid when I was promised and
they never paid the correct amount when they did pay me.

I really don't want to discourage you, but contract work can be difficult
to manage sometimes. I've had some very good contracts what always paid me
correctly and on time.

~Carl

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Nathan Yinger via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> So I started my first job at a tech company in August, and I'm trying to
> figure out how long it should take to finalize a contract/get paid. It
> seems to be taking a very long time. The people who are supposed to sign my
> contract are always out of the office or busy, and they said they were
> finally going to pay me this week, but they didn't. Just how long does this
> normally take?
>
> Thank you,
> ~Nathan Yinger

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)