[TriEmbed] what's up for August?

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 16:21:07 CDT 2016

Revisiting the battery charger circuit, I was putting one together myself
for a client and remembered an article I read this summer:

Elektor Magazine
Edition 5/2016, page 70
"50 W Solar Cell Voltage Regulator - For 12 V lead-acid batteries and 12-15
V solar panels"

I just finished loading up our magazine library at Splat*Space from the
several DVD's I donated to it, so you can read and reference the same
article.

Look on the Splat*Server under:
Magazines/Elektor Magazine/articles/2016/EN2016050701.pdf

and the PC board layout and programming HEX files under:
Magazines/Elektor Magazine/extras/2016/080305-[11.zip|PCB.pdf]

What I like is the lot of information about charging lead-acid batteries,
and the engineering of the charging circuit that automatically adjusts
itself to the battery temperature, charging rate, maintenance, and even a
deep-discharge/charge mode for restoring a short-charge battery.

- sgh

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Carl Nobile via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> Wow, This is great Pete.
>
> I think there will be a lot of interest. If you are willing we may be
> able, as a club, sell the boards and/or parts for this to people outside
> the immediate group. Kind of a kit.
>
> I know I'd be interested.
>
> ~Carl
>

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Pete Soper via TriEmbed <
> triembed at triembed.org> wrote:
>

>> On 08/02/2016 07:53 AM, Glen Smith wrote:
>>

>>> What's the status of the battery charging circuit that you and Trent
>>> were working on a couple meetings ago?
>>>

>> I've made progress, but I'm not ready to do a presentation (and wonder if
>> anybody would be interested anyway). Here's what I've got so far:
>>
>> http://triembed.org/blog/?page_id=1587
>>
>> -Pete

Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA