[TriEmbed] bad news about decade resistor boards

Robert Gasiorowski rgresume at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 12:53:41 CDT 2016

Oh, I would also suggest using higher wattage resistors for lower values
and as before, higher precision for higher values.
1-99 ohm 1/2W-1W 1%
100-999 ohm 1/4W-1/2W 1%
1k-9k 1/4W 1%
10k-999k 1/4W-1/6W 0.1%-1%
1M-9M 1/8W 0.1%

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Robert Gasiorowski <rgresume at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 1% resistors are between $0.005 to $0.01, 0.1% are 10x-25x more. You don't
> need E96, those decades use 1R, 10R, 100R, 1K, 10K, 100K, and 1M values
> only (each *10)
> I can design board like that in less than an hour, just need to know
> dimensions.
> You can use through hole or SMD and I would not do them myself, I would
> pay fab house to solder them, $0.04 per pad TH and $0.03 per SMD.
> Soldering headers would add $5.60 (without discount,) but anyone could
> solder them at home.
>

> On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 12:13 PM, pete at soper.us <pete at soper.us> wrote:
>
>> Where are the 1% 1/2 watt resistors with the required values for a few
>> cents each? In my experience stepping away from E96 values gets pricey,
>> assuming you can find a source at all. Then there's the notion of the time
>> to design the board, get it and a stencil made, paste and pick and place
>> the parts and solder it, then add the barrier strip. So that's $0/hr for
>> labor and magical sources for parts.
>>
>> Pete

>>> ammable-Resistor/dp/B01CZLPAOM/ref=lp_8937979011_1_3?srs=893