[TriEmbed] Fwd: [Splat Space] ECE at Duke is looking for an UG Laboratory Assistant with Engineering Degree

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Nov 16 08:43:13 CST 2016

This job made for one of you...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Splat Space] ECE at Duke is looking for an UG Laboratory
Assistant with Engineering Degree
Date: 	Wed, 16 Nov 2016 06:36:01 -0800 (PST)
From: 	Martin Brooke <martin.brooke at gmail.com>
To: 	Splat Space <durham-makerspace at googlegroups.com>

Needs an Engineering Degree, Gets to do a lot of Maker related stuff
working with a lot of undergraduate Teaching Assistants who support the
labs.

The last guy got his Masters while on the job and has gone on to a real
job.  But he seemed to have a lot of fun while here with 3D printers,
PCB milling, programmable lab equipment, and FPGAs
We run a large Robotic challenge for sophomore ECE and BME students, and
support students who are doing senior design projects.  I am doing the
Shell Ocean Discovery XPRIZE with some of mine building a large 18 rotor
drone and deep diving SONAR pods.

Duke benefits include a very good Tuition support for employees and
family (2 kid limit)
https://hr.duke.edu/benefits/educational-benefits/childrens-tuition-grant
https://hr.duke.edu/benefits/educational-benefits/employee-tuition-assistance

Here are the descriptions:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eatqDhuHKVNaAhgeNUQPuMu4AJWS4G4-8KzDfMlMQUKLUhR5i3ek0qwtBSA1MGZ4c9cMdMLqlRY6KjJs
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12plD7j6dyO6EBVFxHkCjT6rLrMp3fx0lVODBnmjlgbnAwoDTXXZg4eAls8dyx2XRUmT8i3MyPfrLiIIv

Cheers,

Martin

PS I am not involved in the hire but would work with them quite a bit.