[TriEmbed] Reading Recovered eMMC Flash

kschilf at yahoo.com kschilf at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 13:52:22 CDT 2016

Dear Triembed,
I just performed an autopsy on a dead tablet to remove the eMMC flash (Sandisk SDIN4C2) 12 mm x 16 mm BGA package.  I have a seen a clever looking product online that consists of a clamshell socket to hold the BGA and the necessary electronics to convert from eMMC to SD, just plug the assembly into a USB slot...
I am leary of the socket reliability in the $100 offering.  These sockets tend to be very expensive.  Any feedback or experience...
eMMC Reader test socket with SD Interface,Clamshell Structure BGA153 BGA169 Chip Size 12x16mm Pitch 0.5mm for data recovery-in Other Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

|   $ 99.00   |    |

|    |
eMMC Reader test socket with SD Interface,Clamshell Structure BGA153 BGA16...
 Cheap socket, Buy Quality socket 939 dual core processor directly from China socket amd Suppliers: BGA169/B...  |   |

Thanks!Kevin