[TriEmbed] Python code for resistor selection

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu May 19 09:10:10 CDT 2016

I'm looking for existing Python code that knows about E24 and E96
resistor values. It would be a plus if it did the simple calculations to
select, for example, two 1% resistors in parallel that give a resistance
close to a target value. I've made a modeler for a circuit that requires
precision resistors and would like to make it less painful to map
required values into ones that happen to be for sale at affordable
prices. But I figured it would be silly to reinvent this wheel if it's
already done in a form that I can just slurp up with attribution.

Thanks,
Pete