[TriEmbed] TriEmbed Digest, Vol 36, Issue 4

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Wed May 4 12:31:16 CDT 2016

> I'm curious what this means as well.
>
> The Nucleo boards use Cortex-M[2,3,4,7] devices for which there is
> plenty of support for in gcc ARM toolchains, as well as IAR, Keil, etc..
>
> By "ARM C", do you mean Keil, which is owned by the ARM company? If so
> that should be supported as well.

Here's an example from developer.mbed.org:
https://developer.mbed.org/questions/3895/Compile-for-Nucleo-L053r8/

Someone's trying compile something that uses the SDFileSystem library.
They get an error on 'feof' (which is used to know when you reach EOF in
a file). This is the answer from MBED:
"I believe the application is for targets which use ARM C library, which
many nucleo does not support currently. They use uARM which implements
only subset of C library, therefore some functions are not available.
There's reference on ARM info pages , what is stripped."

So, that sucks. Wish they'd listed that somewhere on the MBED site. To
me, being able to use libraries is a great value, as is the MBED
paradigm, where so long as I can log on and plug in the board, I can
write code and test code. If I have to set up a GNU toolchain I'll
probably never get around to doing anything on it.

--
"The theater of noise is proof of our potential."

You won't find me on Facebook.