[TriEmbed] ARM Cortex M4 with ARM C support?

jonjwolfe at anibit.com jonjwolfe at anibit.com
Wed May 4 11:41:03 CDT 2016

I'm curious what this means as well.

The Nucleo boards use Cortex-M[2,3,4,7] devices for which there is
plenty of support for in gcc ARM toolchains, as well as IAR, Keil, etc..

By "ARM C", do you mean Keil, which is owned by the ARM company? If so
that should be supported as well.

Maybe this is some mbed terminology with which I'm not familiar.

http://gnuarmeclipse.github.io/

is a fantastic IDE for ARM that works well with STM32 Cortex M chips.

In addition, ST makes a graphical tool, STM32CubeMX that will generate
bootstrap code based on your configuration selections, and has built-in
support for most or all of the ST-produced eval/demo boards. It also
creates the needed project files for several IDEs.