[TriEmbed] N-MOSFET Symbol

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Wed Mar 9 10:03:17 CST 2016

N MOSFET means to me that diode-looking symbol needs to be present with arrow facing outward from gate. Bipolar transistors like NPN and PNP use diode which is just a fancy name for PN junction. Symbol for bipolar transistor also uses arrow. The arrow indicates direction of electron flow.

So, for NMOS and for PMOS, use the arrow. CMOS is a circuit and not a device.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse Networks - Managed Services Behind the Scenes, After-Hours, and Out of Your Way
web:  www.neuse.net  direct: 919-297-2927  cell: 919-215-9405  email: jim at neuse.net

For service, email ticket at neuse.net and call 919-838-1672 option 1.

Jim Ray formed Neuse Networks in 1997 that specializes in managed services to remotely automate IT wherever the Internet exists. His education includes Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from NC State 1985. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, served as Chair for Eastern North Carolina Section in 2010, and Chair for NC State Student Branch 1981. He lives in Cary, NC with his wife and two sons.