[TriEmbed] N-MOSFET Symbol

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:26:15 CST 2016

Brian,

>From my experience many symbols don't put in the diode even though they are
actually in the part. In other cases they are not in the part. Sorry to say
it seems to be a decision made by whoever creates the symbol. My own
personal opinion is to put the diode in the symbol if the part actually has
it and leave it out if it doesn't actually have it. I'm fairly sure that as
of now most manufacturers put the diode in the part now, but there may be
exceptions.

~Carl

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Grawburg via TriEmbed <triembed at triembed.org
> wrote:

> I'm making an electronic symbols sheet for a summer Raspberry Pi class.
> Sometimes I see symbols that include the diode and sometimes without.  The
> kids will be using a FQP30N06L or similar in one of their projects. Are
> there some MOSFETS that do not have the internal diode? Do I need to
> include both symbols and how would I differentiate them if I do?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Grawburg
>
> --
> [This was sent from a PC running Debian 7, 64-bit Linux. No Microsoft
> products were used.]

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)
carl.nobile at gmail.com