[TriEmbed] NCState Graduate Program?

Charles West crwest at ncsu.edu
Sun Mar 6 09:06:23 CST 2016

Hey Joe,

I'm currently a PhD track student about to finish my Masters.  I would say
your odds are pretty good.  I think the key things for you would be to get
a good GRE score (it is very trainable) and finding a professor at NC State
that would like to work with you.

As an experienced programmer that actually knows how to put things
together, you would probably be pretty valuable to most professor's
research.  I would suggest looking through the CSC and ECE faculty pages
and seeing if there is someone whose research really interests you.  After
that, it would be a good idea to think of what you could offer to their
research program and reach out for a meeting.  Having a professor vouching
for you is probably the most important factor in getting in.

Thanks,
Charlie