[TriEmbed] APA102 unsoldering

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Jun 22 11:10:22 CDT 2016

I was going to suggest this too. Simply removing the part with cutters,
Dremel, etc can save a ton of stress on nearby components and just leave
a simple solder-sucking job to prep the area.

Reminds me of four and a half eons ago when a minicomputer at my school
died and the service tech used (by today's standards omniscient)
diagnostics and his equipment to identify the specific MSI logic
component, snipped the tops of the DIP's leads, slurped the ends and
solder out, and soldered a new chip in. The computer was running again
about a half hour after he walked in the door.
-Pete