[TriEmbed] I need a circuit that can do this.....

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Wed Jun 22 10:29:42 CDT 2016

On 06/22/2016 06:56 AM, Michael Monaghan via TriEmbed wrote:
> The low pass filter on input is an excellent idea in this configuration.

I'd say it's an absolute must, placed as close to the inputs of the
comparator as possible to reject any EMI along the sensor's leads.  For
a first-order filter (simple RC), I'd suggest a corner frequency around
10 Hz which will yield a settling time of just under a second (that is,
the average output will lag behind the average input by about a second),
unless you need to measure things that are moving very fast.

Out of curiosity, what's the application?  If you told us, would you
have to kill us? :-)