[TriEmbed] I need a circuit that can do this.....

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Wed Jun 22 10:24:06 CDT 2016

> ​That part looks like it should work.  You need to be careful of stray
> feedback ​from the output to the inputs so no rats nests of jumpers and
> you need a 0.1 uF ceramic cap shorted across the VDD and ground (like
> right on them not just nearby).

<pedant_mode>

Be careful how you use that word, "shorted"... :-)

Bypass caps can be a few millimeters away and still be ok, though it is
certainly best practice to place them as close to the device's pins as
possible.  On a breadboard, definitely no long jumpers between them and
the device, but being at opposite ends of a 5-hole bus won't be an
issue; there's not enough stray capacitance or inductance in those bus
bars to make any difference, and the wavelengths don't start to get that
short until you hit gigahertz.  Even a couple pre-formed jumpers (the
kind that sit flat against the board) in between won't cause any real
issues.

</pedant_mode>