[TriEmbed] Raspberry Pi Model 1, B+

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Jun 16 13:59:39 CDT 2016

Looking at the B+ at Newark I see it written that this is no longer
manufactured, so the back order is going to take an unusually long time.
I'm pretty sure there was only ever one B+, so I'm not sure what you
mean by "older". I think the world has moved to the models 2 and 3. The
form factor and header connections of a model 2B are identical to those
of a B+, right? So the only difference is the requirement for a
relatively recent version of Linux. Being somewhat familiar with your
applications, I think it's unlikely that they're going to be sensitive
to the extra cores (that is, screw up because of the extra cores).

I checked MCM and they don't have any B+ boards either. Ditto Adafruit.

However, I suspect anybody in this area that has B+ boards sitting
around will gladly offer them (at least I would!).

-Pete