[TriEmbed] DIP Microcontroller with USB

Adam Haile email at adamhaile.net
Tue Jan 26 19:20:53 CST 2016

A few months ago, someone at a meeting showed me a dev board they had made
with a DIP micro on it with built in USB support and relatively small
package (< 20 pins maybe). Think they said it was maybe $2 or less in small
quantity. Maybe it was a PIC... not sure. Anyone have an idea?

Generally, I've been looking for a good MC with on-board USB in as small a
package as possible and cheaper than the ATMegaXU2/4 series, which are all
usually > $4 each. I've kind of ingrained into the AVR world, but I'd
definitely be interested in learning a new platform for a chip as described.