[TriEmbed] Microchip to buy Atmel...

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 07:15:17 CST 2016

My guess is not much will change for at least a year while they decide how to merge, then factories close and processes merge over the next 1-2 yrs or so. That is when you will see how this plays out. There may be a change in low volume chips, but I doubt the high volume chips need to worry much. Quality in a changing process or plant move is always subject to possible poor batches until they get it worked out.
All in all this is just a typical move in a poor economy where companies are merging like crazy right now. Layoffs have started and will continue as the merged companies combine.