[TriEmbed] Fwd: Strong Code Hand for bounties on Oak Project?

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:11:38 CST 2016

I think this compares closely with another product on the market:  the eRIC
Nitro.  It is essentially an Arduino Pro Mini with a eRIC module on it
(Easy Radio Integrated Controller).

>From the Elektor article lead-in:

There is something magical in being able to transmit and receive data
> through the air (“aether”) without wires and the LPRS eRIC module makes it
> very easy. Having a pre-assembled wireless Arduino board should tick all
> design boxes. It reduces the time to test out an idea and for IoT projects
> it’s a perfect fit.
>

>    - LPRS eRIC module with a subset of eRIC signals brought out to user
>    accessible pads on the PCB
>    - PCB form factor similar to Arduino Pro Mini
>    - Small size: 2.5 x 5.5 cm
>    - ATmega328 processor with Arduino bootloader with direct serial
>    connection to eRIC module
>    - 8-MHz operation
>    - On-board 3.3-V regulator providing power to eRIC module and
>    ATmega328 device
>    - Header for FTDI friend connector, to allow ATmega328 programming
>    from Arduino IDE and also to provide serial communication interface
>    - Quickly deployable as a battery-powered low-power programmable RF
>    node
>    - Total current consumption in low power mode <100 µA
>    - Open source, open hardware design

With a built-in bootloader for programming over-the-air, it may already be
ahead of the digiStump.  Yes, the bullet above says there is a "FTDI friend
connector" for programming, but the author of the article now has a
over-the-air bootloader.

Here is a link to the article, if it will pull up for you (subscriber's
only?):
https://www.elektormagazine.com/magazine/201601/28727

Here is a link to the LPRS info on the eRIC module:
http://www.lprs.co.uk/easy-radio/eric/

- sgh

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Shane Trent via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> At Monday's meeting Rodney mentioned the Oak board by digiStump. It is a
> DIP packaged, 32-bit, 80 MHz, Arduino compatible with on-board WiFi and
> over the air programming for $10. They are working to finish the firmware
> and have reached out for help. The have offered bounties (and strong street
> cred) for anyone with the C/C++ chops to help them wrap up the firmware. I
> wanted to share incase a local codeslinger would like to jump in and help
> the project.
>

> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digistump/oak-by-digistump-wi-fi-for-all-things-arduino-comp/posts/1466546
>
> Shane
>
> --