[TriEmbed] RaspPi Power Protection

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:00:59 CST 2016

I couldn't find the MAX486C used in that schematic, but I did find other
chips in the MAX486 family made by Maxim.  The first few paragraphs explain
how the chip works, and what the P and N channel MOSFETs do (one is for
overvoltage to turn off the supply to the load, and other is for negative
voltages to turn off the incoming supply completely).

A nice find and will work great for your need.