[TriEmbed] TI low power ARM dev board "volume buy"

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Sat Jan 9 16:48:17 CST 2016

TI is offering their ARM M4F dev board, the MSP432P401R Launchpad
<http://www.ti.com/tool/msp-exp432p401r>, based on their low power
technology for $4.32 (roughly 1/3 of regular price) plus $7 shipping. I
decided to get a bunch of these for various reasons, but a big side
effect is that I can offer them to the group for $5 each, saving folks
most of the shipping cost. They should be at my house via FedEx before
the meeting tomorrow, but for those that don't want to hike from the
great Northwest, I'll be at Splatspace on Tuesday evening. If you're
interested drop me a line <mailto:pete at soper.us> with the number you'd like.

I've been using one of these boards with the latest TI CCS 6.1 (C/C++).
IDE and, for me, it's nirvana. No need for a separate JTAG gadget:
everything is on the board to simply connect with USB. I'm using Windows
7 to make sure it works well on that (it's also working well with Ubuntu
14.04. It doesn't work worth a flip on Ubuntu 13.10). This is
Eclipse-based and at least as powerful as Atmel Studio, but TI has made
it relatively easy to use. The debug part of the board can be
disconnected for a ridiculously low power solution (but it does have
four pins that will drive 20ma at close to 3.3 volts).