[TriEmbed] RetroPie and MAME

Bothari bothari at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 15:56:49 CST 2016

Unfortunately, I've got a meeting on Monday that I can't avoid, so I won't
be able to come.  Hopefully I can bring my X Arcade joystick next month.
Sorry,
Joe

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 8:24 AM, Alex Davis via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> I hope to bring my vectormame setup on Monday, so if you bring the
> x-arcade controls we can try using it. I'm using an old laptop which has
> both PS2 and USB, so I think it'll work.
>
> Alex
>

> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 06:53 AM, Joe Fair wrote:
>
> This sounds really cool.  I am an old enough guy to remember arcade games,
> and I even have an X Arcade Joystick.
> http://shop.xgaming.com/products/x-arcade-dual-joystick-usb-included
>
> I haven't pulled it out in years, but if I bring it to the February
> meeting would you want to borrow it?
> Joe
>
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 8:57 PM, Alex Davis via TriEmbed <
> triembed at triembed.org> wrote:
>

> On Dec 29, 2015, at 7:57 PM, Mike Lisanke <mikelisanke at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Did you mean something like...
> http://lifehacker.com/how-to-turn-your-raspberry-pi-into-a-retro-game-console-498561192
>

> Yes, that’s it. It’s very convenient. I switched over to my 17” computer
> CRT and HDMI-VGA adapter as I found the video signal from the component
> converter bad even to my big-screen LCD TV. The computer monitor looks good
> at 640x480, though I’m looking online for an adapter which also outputs L/R
> audio from the HDMI, the one I am using now does not. The Pi’s 3.5mm audio
> is apparently a crude PWM, whereas audio from an HDMI adapter ought to be a
> true 16-bit DAC.
>

> Alex

> "The theater of noise is proof of our potential."
>
> You won't find me on Facebook.

"There are only two industries that refer to their customers as ‘users’." -
Edward Tufte