[TriEmbed] January robotics meet - come out to support our speaker and new chair, Charles West

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 13:03:43 CST 2016

This Monday, January 4th, come out to support the combined meetings of the
IEEE Robotics and Automation and Triangle Amateur Robotics.

You can get the full description of the meeting here:

https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/m/37470

Highlights:
   * Industrial robotics + Baxter robot
   * Machine vision, ROS
   * Registration is encouraged, but not required to attend
   * New meeting room (EB1, 1007) - same building, one room over
   * First meeting with our new chair, Charles West
   * Also discussion of a new IEEE contest

Charles West has been very helpful in pulling together meetings last year
and I look forward to seeing where he will carry these meetings this year.
I am CC'ing the TriEmbed group since Charles is well known there and hope
we can get a good crowd out to support our speaker and new chair/

Also, I mentioned in a past note to send in ideas for a future robotics
contest, but I was not able to give out much details.  Well now I can - I
have been tasked with pulling together the 2017 IEEE Southeastcon Hardware
(Robotics) challenge on a very tight schedule.  I need to have a basic
contest idea by the end of January, and have one I can submit to the
students by the beginning of April at Southeastcon 2016.  This will be a
side line discussion *after* the speaker and regular meeting, but I
desperately need your help - anyone interested in this, especially those
with past robot building and competing skills, please help.