[TriEmbed] [TAR] Signing up for lightning talks and voting on pizza toppings (apologies for multipost)

Charles West crwest at ncsu.edu
Tue Feb 16 15:28:04 CST 2016

Hello,

Apologies for sending this to multiple lists.  I recently learned that the
emails we took haven't been added to the TAR list and I would very much
like to make sure everyone gets a say.

At long last, we have the pizza topping survey:
http://kwiksurveys.com/s/an70ZEat

Please indicate your topping preferences so I can get the proportions of
the different types right (1-5 stars don't like, 6-10 stars like).

I have gotten tentative speakers for both OpenCV and PID talks but neither
of them wish to talk soon.  Our next 4 most popular talks in the survey
were all lightning talks by lots of different people.  If we want to make
that happen, we need people who are willing to give a 10 minute talk on
their part of the subject.

Talks:
Sensors Showcase: Lightning talks on different sensors and how to use them
*Please reply if you are willing to do a 10 min talk on how to use a
specific sensor.  *I am volunteering to present on how to use Ultrasonic
rangers with your project.

Wireless technologies round table: Brief talks on different wireless
communication technologies and how to use them in your project
*Please **reply if you are willing to do **a 10 min talk on how to use a
wireless technology (such as wi-fi with the Pi, Bluetooth and/or XBee).*

The building Blocks - How to work with Servos, I2C, UART and Stepper Motors
*Please **reply if you are willing to do **a 10 min talk on one of the
building blocks. *(I can do servos if no one wants to)

So you want to build a GUI: Lightning talks on different ways to build
application front ends
*Please **reply if you are willing to do **a 10 min talk on your favorite
GUI framework.  *I volunteer to talk about Qt5 widgets in C++ and QtQuick.

If we have a good response, then we can do one of these topics for the next
meeting.  If not, I will be doing a talk on "A Overview of C++/C++11" or
"What is an Real Time Operating System and how do I use it for my projects".

Thanks,
Charlie West