[TriEmbed] TriEmbed Digest, Vol 39, Issue 16

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Tue Aug 23 13:10:30 CDT 2016

Shane makes an excellent, if not crucial point: by using interruption of
a modulated carrier you can know when the "beam" is actually present and
unambiguously detect beam breaks from the light going to/from the
reflector. You could even borrow from the RF world and adjust the
emitter brightness until your SNR is good in varying conditions, with
varying distances, etc.

-Pete