[TriEmbed] Inexpensive 120V (15A) to 240V (7.5A) transformer?

Shane Trent shanedtrent at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 20:51:04 CDT 2016

Robert,

I believe the inverter has L1-N-L2 inputs and N is not grounded. I expect
there is no electrical connection between ground and N. I wanted to tie the
120V input ground to the chassis or earth ground of the system (strange
calling it an earth ground since the entire system is mobile and never tied
to an actual earth ground).  The goal is to ensure the only conductive path
from 115V inputs to Ground or the 230V outputs (L1 or N or L2)  to ground
is through a fault condition that should trip a GFI on either the 115A
input or the 230V output breaker in the power box connected to the output
of the the inverter depending on where the fault occurs.

No schematic. It is a Scheider XW+ 5548 NA, which is an amazing piece of
machinery. Combined with remote administration via their ComBox it is a
fantastic setup. The system is powered via 18kW of AGM batteries and backed
by a 3kW generator.  Wired with 00 gauge welding cable and 150A breakers at
every power entry point on the DC bus.

http://solar.schneider-electric.com/product/conext-xw-na-solar-inverter/

Manual
http://cdn.solar.schneider-electric.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/conext-xw-na-owners-guide-975-0240-01-01_rev-f_eng.pdf

The inverter has L1-N-L2 output terminals, L1-N-L2 AC input terminals and
L1-N-L2 Generator Input terminals. Again, my quest is simply allow the 3kW
generator to feed the L1-N-L2 generator inputs and provide a valid ground
reference to allow GFI breakers on the inverter L1-N-L2 outputs to function
in the event of a fault.

Shane