[TriEmbed] Inexpensive 120V (15A) to 240V (7.5A) transformer?

Robert Gasiorowski rgresume at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 07:55:45 CDT 2016

Get any 240V, 1kW transformer with dual primary (2 x 120V.)
Make one side common, connect center to 120V, the second side will give you
240V (non-isolated.)
You will end up with what's called autotransformer. ATs are much smaller
than isolating transformers.
I used this type of transformers to power US made appliances like microwave
ovens in EU (220V->110V.)