[TriEmbed] Inexpensive 120V (15A) to 240V (7.5A) transformer?

kschilf at yahoo.com kschilf at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 22:14:19 CDT 2016

Hi Phil,
I don't know what Shane has in mind, but that is an interesting idea about using two receptacles; although, Mr. Murphy will probably ensure that opposite phase receptacles will be several feet apart as you note.  :-)
Why not just add a two pole, 240V circuit breaker assuming you have space in the panel and can reasonably run wire from your load to the panel?
BTW, I think there may be a typo in your email, should be:
AWG 10 -> 30 AAWG 12 -> 20 AAWG 14 -> 15 A
To anyone reading this post, same impedance at twice the voltage = 4 times the power delivered.  Please be careful and consult a licensed electrician if in doubt.
Sincerely,Kevin Schilf