[TriEmbed] Favourite electrical connectors?

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Sep 25 12:17:52 CDT 2015

On 09/25/2015 01:06 PM, Carl Nobile wrote:
> Pete,
>
> What Charlie is trying to do is create a board that the people working
> on the CANInstall spec can use as a base line tool. We won't be using
> long cables for this initial work.
>
> I like the RJ11 for some things, but it needs to mate with a flat
> cable which by its nature can't be twisted, CAT cables won't mate to
> it without a lot of extra work. We need, as Charlie just told me,
Tell this to the fractional billions of people using RJ45 connectors.
They're identical to RJ11 but eight vs six connections. I agree 200%
that inserting and crimping UTP into an RJ45 or RJ11 is a certified,
genuine pain in the you know what, but figured labor costs in this case
are considered zero. :-)

-Pete