[TriEmbed] In need of a tiny, cheap, powerful(ish) computer

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:07:17 CDT 2015

I recently visited this place, Kramden Institute, after they announced they
were giving away free LED monitors on the Splatspace list.

They have stock piles of old computers donated and volunteers on Wednesday
evenings help refurbish them for kids who need computers. They apparently
sell refurbished computers for fund raising at a nice price. Here is a
snippet from their rep Lyle:
======================
Hi everyone,

An update to the posting: we need to limit the amount of monitors per
individual to 10 until we get our stock down a bit. We get $4 from our
e-recycler for each one, so we can't give them all away for free. That was
my mistake. However, if anyone would like more or if we reach our limit of
free ones to give away, anyone can pay us $4 per monitor and take as many
as they want. And I believe they are all vesa mounts, should all be Lenovo
Thinkvisions. They are mostly 19", with a few that are a bit larger. Some
are scratched, but you should be able to pick through enough of them to
find some you can use.

Also, if you are ever in need of a slightly older but completely
refurbished desktop/laptop, we hold surplus sales one Thursday of every
month: http://kramden.org/sales/. And if you need to recycle any computer
equipment or decide to give back any monitors you don't use, all equipment
we receive goes to support our programs.

Thanks for your interest!

Lile
lile.stephens at gmail.com