[TriEmbed] In need of a tiny, cheap, powerful(ish) computer

Adam Haile email at adamhaile.net
Mon Sep 21 12:51:41 CDT 2015

Anyone have a recommendation for a decent, tiny, and cheap (<$150) PC? I
need something to drive the big LED display permanently. The original plan
was to use a Raspberry Pi 2, but it lacked the necessary oomph. I was able
to run it with little problem off my Lenovo S21e (Celeron N2840) but I
wouldn't want to go less powerful than that. And I'd rather higher clock
speed (> 2GHz) than more cores. Right now, my only real thought is to buy
another S21e (about $170) but a whole laptop seems kind of silly... and for
some odd reason, I cannot get basically the same hardware in a tiny PC...
you know, without a screen, keyboard, and battery :P

Note... part of the reason for the needed power is I've got it setup to do
some video display, both from video files and a webcam... that is just dog
slow on the Pi.