[TriEmbed] [TAR] Re: Registration of drone use in the near future?

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Oct 21 13:02:12 CDT 2015

<imagination></intention>For the past year or two I've pictured a sling
shot that can extend from the center of my property on a short tower and
reach to the outer edges, but not an inch further. The trick is for it
to do it's work and retract before falling into the trees and creating a
hassle with untangling it. If a drone comes in just over the tree tops
I'm foiled. Likewise if my radar spots another drone observing the
situation. But this involves mechanical stuff and my incompetance is a
legend in my own mind. But I have a license allowing me to run 1500
watts of microwave energy into a 30dbi dish and point that dish with an
ERP of 1.5 megawatts. I can buy azimuth/elevation mounts and get help
souping up the motor drive to steer it quickly. The question is how fast
I could discriminate "non-person, non-bird, non-whatever" before pulling
the trigger.</imagination><intention>

Yesterday a military (camo) C130 flew over me (SW of Apex) TOO LOW. The
noise scared me inside the car with the windows rolled up. The shadow
scared me before I made sense of the sound. If that plane was above 500
feet I'll eat a breadboard jumper. It was going straight toward
Goldsboro. I'm confident no drones in its path survived.

-Pete