[TriEmbed] [TriLUG] Saturday morning: Arduino-related event of interest to kids and grownups

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Mon Nov 16 09:19:12 CST 2015

(Including everybody in case Thomas isn't the only one I wasn't clear with)

On 11/16/2015 09:25 AM, Thomas Delrue wrote:
> Hey Pete,
>
> You say "Bring your middle school and older kids", how much 'older' are
> we talking? Can adults come as well?
> I'm interested in learning about Arduino but very much in the adult
> demographic. I wouldn't want to steal the fun from the kids :)

Yes, this is for sure of interest to adults. In fact, we need for the
adults to be with the kids rather than dropping them off if they're
under 18. I obviously wasn't clear enough and will tweak the Meetup page
later today.

Terry King has deep experience and designed his hardware, for example,
the "RoboRed" Uno compatible that is better in every way than the
original (e.g. a slide switch that can make the whole thing run at 3.3v
vs the standard 5v, a 3.3v supply that won't go belly up with even
moderate loads, etc). I have no experience with his software background
but I guarantee there will be attendees who can pitch in if necessary to
fill gaps in that area if there are any.

-Pete