[TriEmbed] RPi Project

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Wed Nov 4 10:44:03 CST 2015

Reasonable question, Rob.

The entire point of the project is to introduce coding using an actual computer that can then be used to monitor the system. Sure, an Arduino might be simpler and smaller but it lacks the ability to experiment with the Python code and get results immediately.   Plus, I know how to get things going with the Pi and with Python...I have no experience writing sketches for an Arduino.

Brian

Hi,

why RPi?
Why not something smaller and simpler? (it's like delivering letter with tractor-trailer :) )

Also, other platforms come with analog inputs, so you could connect pot directly to the board.
I was actually surprised to learn that RPi does not have any analog inputs.

Rob