[TriEmbed] Simplest way to send e-mail from Python? Carl?

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:12:32 CDT 2015

Shane,

OK, so here's the "cup of coffee" effort.

First look at: https://docs.python.org/2.7/library/smtplib.html

This explains the module that can be use.

At the bottom is a full example of an MTA. It assumes that you will be
entering the message on the command line, so that part you wouldn't need.
Just pass the message into the sendmail method at the bottom.

In other words remove the prompt function all the print statements and the
while loop. everything else is what you would need assuming your message is
already built.

Any time you want to get together would be great, even today, my schedule
is fairly clean right now.

Carl

carl.nobile at gmail.com