[TriEmbed] Simplest way to send e-mail from Python? Carl?

Shane Trent shanedtrent at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:13:47 CDT 2015

Carl,

I follow about setting up a local mail server to send the outgoing mail. I
was just trying to duplicate the function of the Ruby code snippet, which
appears to send e-mail via Gmail without validation. The Ruby code is
running under Mint on a VM on my desktop that I am pretty sure does not
have a local mail server installed.

I am migrating the task from Ruby/Sinatra to Python/Flask and plan to host
it on a Raspberry Pi A+. It is actually running on the Pi now, just without
the e-mail component. My only reservation about switching to SMS is that it
would require a pay service as apposed to being able to do everything so
far using free accounts.

Shane