[TriEmbed] Raspberry Pi GPIO

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:23:17 CDT 2015

Never is a very long time.  Regardless of what you are doing, it is always
possible for a small wiring error to wipe out a Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or
any other computer if wired incorrectly.

So far I have only wiped out one Raspberry Pi and in that case all I was
doing was wiring up some servo motors - I still don't know what i did wrong
as when I saw the magic smoke, I quickly started pulling out wires.  I
checked my schematic, all looked good, and then wired a new Raspberry Pi up
the same way (the other one was toast) and it worked without a problem.  I
can only assume I made a simple connection error.

As to what you are trying to do, could you elaborate and provide a few more
details about what you were trying to wire up?

If you were trying to control the Enable line of the A4988, it is an input
only connection to the A4988, so it should be treated the same way you do
the other inputs to that chip.