[TriEmbed] speed bump (up) for our server Fwd: QTH.com Server Maintenance Notification :: www14.qth.com

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Tue Mar 17 10:21:00 CDT 2015

This upgrade msg is about the server that hosts the TriEmbed web site
and email list being switched to solid state disks. It's a 2x4-core
(2.2ghz) Xeon box at Rackspace in southern Michigan running RHEL, in
case anybody's curious. This change should be pretty sweet for Wordpress
and Mailman performance.

-Pete
PS I've been with this ISP for exactly 15 years and can count the hours
of unplanned down time I've experienced using the fingers of one hand
after an amputation. But the first several years were spent on a Sun
Solaris server, so that helped set the bar at the right height. :-)