[TriEmbed] ABC's of Electronics (V, I, Z)

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 15:14:22 CDT 2015

> How about "how to read a datasheet?"
I gotcha covered.
Mantra - Data Sheets Lie
1. Never use maximum ratings2. Always degrade stated performance for your application3. Graphs are a rough starting point4. The Physical Drawings are about the only accurate item
I am not bashing the manufacturers, but you should know that much of the parts we buy are on the low quality scale of manufacturing. The high volume customers get the high quality parts. This is not true in all cases, but a general good rule. Do you think that material returned for marginal preformance by a manufacturer that finds the problems right away in testing actually gets tossed? Not a chance. Secondary Market here we come.
IMHO from a person that personally rejected many marginal parts for sub-par performance.
John Vaughters