[TriEmbed] Interrupts on the Cortex-M

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 08:19:53 CDT 2015

Someone asked how many interrupts were available on the Cortex-M last night.

I said it was something like 256, I was close....

http://users.ece.utexas.edu/~valvano/Volume1/E-Book/C12_Interrupts.htm

Section 12.3 states this:

"There are up to 240 possible interrupt sources and their 32-bit vectors are listed in order starting with location 0x0000.0008. From a programming perspective, we can attach ISRs to interrupts by writing the ISRs as regular assembly subroutines or C functions with no input or output parameters and editing the Startup.s file to specify those functions for the appropriate interrupt."

Thanks

Craig