[TriEmbed] Large Format Laser Cutting Needed

Jon Wolfe jonjwolfe at anibit.com
Sat Jun 6 11:26:12 CDT 2015

Thanks Paul!

Adam and I discussed this earlier. My cutting area is 20x12. I can also
remove the bottom to fit larger pieces, but I can still only cut within
the cutting area.

My rates are a little bit lower than Pololu's, but depending on the
complexity, the price can still add up. The laser tube has a limited
life, like a lightbulb, so that is why rates are base on how much work
the laser has to do.

--Jon

On 2015-06-05 20:56, The MacDougals via TriEmbed wrote:

> Anibit.com has a laser cutting service.
>
> https://anibit.com/content/laser-cutting-services [3]
>
> You could probably get free delivery to Centennial Campus on the second Monday of the month J
>
> ---> Paul
>
> FROM: TriEmbed [mailto:triembed-bounces at triembed.org] ON BEHALF OF Glen Smith via TriEmbed
> SENT: Friday, June 05, 2015 8:52 AM
> TO: Adam Haile; Shane Trent
> CC: triembed at triembed.org
> SUBJECT: Re: [TriEmbed] Large Format Laser Cutting Needed
>
> Would Touchstone 3D on Maynard have a larger format laser cutter? I can't remember the gentleman's name but he did a really cool talk at one of our meetings not too long ago.
>
> Glen
>
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 8:16 AM Adam Haile via TriEmbed <triembed at triembed.org> wrote:
>
>> LOL... thanks, that's what I finally did. Just entered the desired (100lb cardstock) in their "other material" field. Will see what they say.
>>
>> My main concern is going to be price I think... they quote ~$2.50/min of cutting time and unless they've got some blazing fast lasers, I'm going to guess that I'll blow through my (already blown through) budget :P I may just have to break down and do what I've done with the rest of the project... spend many nights laboriously fabricating things by hand :P
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 8:12 AM, Shane Trent <shanedtrent at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Now my turn!
>>
>> Adam,
>>
>> I just remembered that the RMS laser can open for sheet feeding so you can do long pieces but would still be limited to 35" width. And you would have to index your stock between cuts but that is not much of a challenge. Let me know what you think of Pololu's service. I love those guys but have never used their laser service.
>>
>> Contact Pololu and ask them about card-stock or thin pressboard. I take it they are flexible about letting you drop-ship material to them or have them order it if you need a material they do not stock.
>>
>> Shane

Jon Wolfe
Anibit Technology LLC.

https://anibit.com