[TriEmbed] (Driving small solenoids) TriEmbed Digest, Vol 26, Issue 36

Terry King terry at terryking.us
Sat Jul 25 19:59:38 CDT 2015

Hi, RE:
---------------------( COPY )---------------------
Paul, Check out this 8 channel chip with the diodes built in. 50 V, 500 mA.
http://www.adafruit.com/products/970
Shane

>  I want to drive 16  solenoids (
> <http://www.sciplus.com/p/12-VDC-SOLENOID-VALVE_49518>).  They are 12V,
> 100mA devices.  At most 8 will be on at any time.  Assume 100% on time for
> any one device.
-----------------( END COPY )----------------------

One question is how much building of protoboard/FET/CHip etc. do you want to do?

For things like this I use these little boards with a similar chip to the one suggested above,
tally LEDs etc:
http://yourduino.com/sunshop2/index.php?l=product_detail&p=172

These actually have 7 channels but 3 are not connected. Usually used with these stepper motors:
http://yourduino.com/sunshop2/index.php?l=product_detail&p=126

Then there's shipping from China; fast OR cheap...

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop... !!!

Regards, Terry King
...In the Woods in Vermont USA
terry at terryking.us

-The One who Dies with the most Parts LOSES. What do you need??