[TriEmbed] Driving 32 5v relays

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:10:13 CDT 2015

Using an ULN2003A in this case is very interesting. The only thing I'd be
concerned about is opto isolation or the lack of it in this case. I'd put
an opto isolator between the microcontroller and the ULN2003A so nothing
can fry the circuit behind the ULN2003A. There is a built in clamping diode
in the ULN2003A, so you shouldn't need to add an additional one across each
relay coil.

All in all not a bad idea.

Carl

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)