[TriEmbed] PowerFetSOIC8 board design checks out

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Mon Jul 13 13:46:55 CDT 2015

I finished testing the breakout board for the two SOIC8-packaged IRF6201
and IRF9310 MOSFET transistors Shane Trent wrote about
<http://fettricks.blogspot.com/2015/06/prototype-friendly-smd-logic-level.html>
some weeks back.  I haven't finished characterizing the board to see
just what it can and cannot do, but I'm convinced there isn't any major
flaw in it. The board will work with any SOIC8 part that follows the
convention of pins 1-3 for source, 4 for gate, and 5-8 for drain. It is
not designed for packages with thermal pads.

Here's the board at OSH Park:

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/wqUIfYlE

I'll bring a few to tonight's meeting.